The current Director's term in office expires on 30 June 2017, and PRIO seeks a new Director from 1 July 2017, for an initial term of four years, with the possibility of extension for up to four more years.
The Director leads the activities of the institute. S/he formulates its strategy and is responsible for its overall implementation. The Director reports to the Chair of the Board.
The successful candidate for the position demonstrates:
- Engagement with cutting-edge research within PRIO’s relevant fields, and preferably holds a doctoral degree.
- Strong strategic leadership qualities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability and eagerness to guide the day-to-day operations of the institute.
- A proven track-record in fundraising.
- A wide network in relevant academic and foreign policy milieus.
- International experience and fluency in the English language.
PRIO offers the opportunity for the right individual to become the Director of a world renowned research institute, and to work alongside highly qualified and motivated staff who are international experts within their respective fields. PRIO is located in attractive premises in central Oslo. Remuneration is commensurate (within the Norwegian public-sector framework) with the applicant’s experience and credentials. The Director is offered a defined benefit pension plan in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
PRIO is an equal opportunity employer and values staff diversity.
For more information please contact ISCO Group +47 22 06 87 00. Inquires may be directed to Ole Petter Melleby or Lene Hoem.
A written application in English, including a CV and list of publications, should be registered by 15 September 2016 at ISCO Group.