Applications are invited for MA theses which focus on the international trade in goods and technology used by security forces. These items encompass a range of equipment including weapons, surveillance and border control equipment, and dual-use items with civilian and military uses.
Theses could examine topics such as:
- How, why and with what effect governments attempt to control strategic trade.
- Multilateral policy-making processes on control of strategic trade.
- Dynamics of the authorized trade.
- Dynamics of the illicit trade.
- Proliferation and commercialization of emerging dual-use technologies.
- Effects of strategic trade on conflict, governance, human rights etc.