PRIO invites applications for a one-year temporary position in research management and administration to support the management of Norway’s fastest growing social science research institute. The successful candidate will join PRIO’s management team and assist the research directors in the management of the research departments.
PRIO has a high level of activity with a broad portfolio of research projects funded by the Research Council of Norway, the European Research Council, the European Commission, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and others. As a department manager, you will be working closely together with the research directors and the central administration in the management of PRIO’s project portfolio, human resources and other research activities.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Project Management support throughout the project lifecycle
- Key role in the development of budgets, forecasts and reports
- Internal and external communications, including communications with project leaders, funders and collaborating partners
- Staff management and liaising with Human Resources
- Leadership support
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in relevant fields, e.g. in accounting, economics and business administration, or similar. (A Bachelor’s degree or a degree in other disciplines, combined with several years of relevant experience could be considered)
- Relevant experience in research administration, project management, finance and/or HR
- Strong ICT skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ERP systems (Maconomy or similar)
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
PRIO is located in attractive premises in central Oslo. PRIO offers salary according to qualifications, group life insurance and membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund. PRIO is an equal opportunity employer and values staff diversity.
Applications should be written in English and include:
- Letter of application, detailing motivation, competence and past experience, addressing the expected qualifications listed above
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcripts of academic degrees
- Names and contact details of three references
Applications must be submitted by way of an online form.
Deadline for applications is 20 October 2023. Start date: As soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Administrative Director Lene Kristin Borg (Lene@prio.org), tel. +47 474 50 077. For further information about the recruitment process or the submission of your application, please contact Department Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).