What is the transformative potential of visual storytelling in conflict research?
In the project Societal Transformation in Conflict Contexts or (TRANSFORM), animations and comics were created in collaboration between researchers, activists, artists, writers, and many others. These pieces of art not only serve to inspire possible change, but also to illustrate and highlight stories of societal transformation around the world. That work was done in collaboration with PositiveNegatives.
Today Ben Dix, PositiveNegatives Founder, and Cindy Horst, Research Professor at PRIO, talk about their work together.
- The TRANSFORM project webpage on prio.org
- The TRANSFORM virtual exhibition
- PositiveNegatives website
- Peace in a Pod episode 18 with Kue Cool and Marte Nilsen, "Art, Conflict, and Land Rights in Myanmar"
- Co-Creating Knowledge: Creative collaborations between researchers, artists, policymakers and practitioners (PRIO Policy Brief)