PRIO is seeking a temporary replacement to fill the position of Managing Editor for Security Dialogue in a 70% position for the period November 1, 2013 through August 31, 2014. The position may be combined with a part-time position as Research Assistant or similar.
The Managing Editor coordinates the production and editorial process of the journal, assists the Editor in the management and gives advice on marketing and promotion of the journal.
The successful candidate will join the Security Dialogue editorial team and be responsible for the smooth operation of the journal. The Managing Editor’s primary responsibilities include:
- Monitoring of the flow of manuscripts through the editorial office, including registration and administration of articles from submission, via peer review, to editors for final decision on publication
- Contact with authors
- Planning and control of the composition of each journal issue
- Coordination of the language editing process
- Liaison with the publisher and ensure a smooth production process
- Assistance in organization of editorial correspondence and editorial meetings
- Monitoring of expenditures, and other administrative tasks
- Maintain and update website and social medias
- Other tasks as agreed with the Editor
Candidates for this position should fulfill the following requirements:
- University education at BA level or above
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Ability to work accurately and keep deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Publishing experience
- Ability to keep control of many processes simultaneously
- Be able to start no later than 1 November 2013
Advantageous qualities are:
- Experience from working with databases
- Familiarity with topics related to peace and security research
Limited travel may be necessary.
PRIO offers salary according to qualifications, group life insurance and membership in Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
How to apply?
Applications for the position are to be submitted by way of an online form. Before you start filling in the form, make sure you have the following necessary information and documents ready:
Information provided directly in the online form:
- Contact details: name, email, address, phone number.
- Personal information: current position, citizenship, gender, date-of-birth, languages.
- Higher Education: grade and discipline
- References: name and contact details of two or more references.
Attachments – to be uploaded to the online form as PDFs:
- Cover letter: should include an account of your qualifications, relevant competence and other requirements for the position as described above.
- CV: in English.
- Copy of certification of highest university degree.
For further information please contact Editor J. Peter Burgess (email@example.com), tel. 47 225 47 738, or Communication Director Agnete Schjønsby, tel. 47 905 71 503.
Applications will be considered continuously as we aim at a rapid recruiting process.