Ingrid Marie Breidlid left PRIO in 2016. The information on this page is kept for historical reasons.
Ingrid Marie Breidlid is a PhD fellow at the Centre for the Study of Civil War. She will be a part of the project 'The Dynamics of State Failure and Violence', led by Øystein Rolandsen. Her doctoral sub-project will explore the interaction between agency and structure in relation to the role of youth, collective identities, and state-society relations in the dynamics of violence in South Sudan.
Breidlid has previously worked at the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI), United Nations Mission in Sudan (UNMIS), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Norwegian Embassy in Khartoum, Sudan. During her employment with NUPI, Breidlid conducted research and published on issues related to post-conflict violence, protection of civilians, international peacekeeping and peacebuilding in Africa, with a specific focus on South Sudan. She holds an MSc in Violence, Conflict and Development from the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London.
PRIO started tracking events online in 2007. This listing is not complete. Past events may be mentioned in our news archive.
- Rolandsen, Øystein H., Ingrid Marie Breidlid (2012). ’A Critical Analysis of Cultural Explanations for the Violence in Jonglei State, South Sudan’, in Conflict Trends 1/2012. Durban: ACCORD. pp. 49-56.
- Breidlid, Ingrid Marie, Andreas Øien Stensland (2011). ‘The UN Mission and local churches in South Sudan: Opportunities for partnerships in local Peacebuilding’, in Conflict Trends 3/2011. Durban: ACCORD. pp. 29-36.
- Breidlid, Ingrid Marie, Jon Harald Sande Lie (2011). Challenges to Protection of Civilians in South Sudan: A Warning from Jonglei State. Security in Practice 8 - 2011. Oslo: Norwegian Institute of International Affairs. 45 s.
- Breidlid, Ingrid Marie, Andreas Øien Stensland (2011). 'Sør-Sudan: Ny Start for Skjør Stat' ['South Sudan: New Start for a Fragile State']. Hvor Hender Det? No.12. Oslo: Norwegian Institute of International Affairs.
- Breidlid, Ingrid Marie, Cedric H. de Coning, Rebecca Jovin, PK Singh (2011). Report of the Conference on Peacekeeping Vision 2015: Capabilities for Future Mandates. Security in Practice 6 - 2011. Oslo: Norwegian Institute of International Affairs.
- de Coning, Cedric H., Ingrid Marie Breidlid, John Karlsrud (2011). Conference Proceedings: Mobilizing Civilian Capacity. Security in Practice 10 - 2011. Oslo: Norwegian Institute of International Affairs.
- Breidlid, Ingrid Marie (2011). Fare for ny krig [Risk of Another War]. Dagsavisen, 9. June 2011.
- Breidlid, Ingrid Marie, Andreas Øien Stensland(2011). Gal mann på rett sted [Wrong Man at the Right Place]. Klassekampen, 14. January 2011.
- de Coning, Cedric H., Ingrid Marie Breidlid(2010). Civilian Capacities and Non-Governmental Rosters. Security in Practice 12 - 2010. Oslo: Norwegian Institute of International Affairs.
Peer-reviewed Journal Article
Breidlid, Ingrid Marie & Michael J. Arensen (2014) Demystifying the White Army: Nuer armed civilians' involvement in the South Sudanese Crisis, Conflict Trends(3): 32–39.
de Coning, Cedric; John Karlsrud; & Ingrid Marie Breidlid (2013) Turning to the South: Civilian Capacity in the Aftermath of Conflict, Global Governance: a Review of Multilateralism and International Organizations 19(2): 135–152.
Rolandsen, Øystein H. & Ingrid Marie Breidlid (2012) A Critical Analysis of Cultural Explanations for the Violence in Jonglei State, South Sudan, Conflict Trends(1): 49–56.
Rolandsen, Øystein H.; Ingrid Marie Breidlid & Maria Gabrielsen Jumbert (2012) Sudan and South Sudan: negotiating amidst brinkmanship and armed rebellions, Open Democracy.
Rolandsen, Øystein H.; Ingrid Marie Breidlid & Maria Gabrielsen Jumbert (2012) Tiden renner ut [Time is Running Out], Dagsavisen.