PRIO invites applicants for a position as an Information Technologist in PRIO's IT Section. The position is a parental leave replacement for a fixed term of six months. Start date is as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will join a small team of technical support staff as part of PRIO's administration. The
purpose of this team is to identify and follow best practices that allow for innovative uses of technology while
ensuring robust information security, efficient management, user-friendliness and user happiness.
As an Information Technologist, you will provide support to users to solve problems and improve digital skills. You will maintain and develop both existing and new technologies and take ownership of key systems.
Day-to-day tasks include:
- Provisioning hardware and software for staff to use.
- Providing technical support for staff on demand.
- Developing training material and documentation.
- Maintaining our hardware and software systems.
Team activities include:
- Advising the institute and its users on beneficial use of technology.
- Training staff in efficient and safe use of these technologies.
- Implementing new technologies on-premises and in the cloud.
- Maintaining and further developing our information security standards.
You should fulfil the following requirements:
- Possess both experience and interest in the field of information technology.
- Have knowledge of and confidence in newer digital technologies, and an interest in learning about those you don't know.
- Work well in a team, but also operate well independently.
- Be fluent in English.
And we are interested in hearing about the following:
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure and best practices.
- Experience developing infographics.
- Experience maintaining or using professional AV equipment.
- Knowledge of Norwegian is a benefit, but not necessary.
PRIO is located in attractive premises in central Oslo. We offer salary according to qualifications, group life insurance and a defined benefit pension plan in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund. PRIO has a dynamic work environment with an international staff of approximately 120 members in full and part-time positions. The working language at the institute is English. PRIO is an equal opportunity employer and values staff diversity.
Applications should be written in English and include:
- Letter of application.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Transcripts of academic degrees.
- Names and contact details of three references.
We welcome applications from recent graduates within
IT and related fields. Applications must be submitted by way of the online form linked above.
Deadline for applications is 2 January 2022.
For further information about the position, please contact Head of the IT Section Martin Tegnander (email@example.com), tel. +47 41 46 06 43. For further information about the recruitment process or the submission of your application, please contact Institute Adviser Cathrine Bye (firstname.lastname@example.org), tel. +47 22 54 77 15.