Please note: This page refers to an event that has already taken place.
Thursday, 16 March 2006 13:00-16:00
Auditorium 1, Eilert Sundts hus A, University of Oslo, Molkte Moes vei 31, Blindern.
GECHS (Global Environmental Change and Human Security) invites you to a seminar and opening 16 March to present different ways of understanding human and social security. Through these methods, GECHS aims at a renewal of the approaches to environmental and development questions.
Nils Petter Gleditsch of the Centre for the Study of Civil War at PRIO is leader of the CSCW working group on Environmental Factors of Civil War. He will represent CSCW and PRIO with an introduction at the GECHS seminar. The seminar is designed to be of interest to a broad audience: Students, government officials, researchers within science and social sciences, environmental organizations and others interested.
The seminar will be conducted in English.
Time & Venue: Thursday 16 March 13.00 - 16.00 Auditorium 1, Eilert Sundts hus A, University of Oslo, Molkte Moes vei 31, Blindern.
More information & registration (by 13 March): http://www.gechs.org/opening/. Questions: Kirsten Ulsrud, email@example.com, tel. 22 85 84 81
Human Security Research in Norway: Perspectives and Possibilities
Moderator: Desmond McNeill, SUM, University of Oslo
* Karen O'Brien, leader of GECHS, University of Oslo
* Asbjørn Rødseth, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Oslo
* Inger-Ann Ulstein, Research Council of Norway
* Norad (TBA) Research perspectives on human security:
* Gender and Human Security, Gunhild Hoogensen, University of Tromsø
* Conflict over Resources, Nils Petter Gleditsch, PRIO
* Development and Human Security, Asuncion Lera St. Clair, University of Bergen
* Ethical and Theological perspectives on Human Security, Sturla Stålsett, University of Oslo and the Church City Mission
* Global environmental change and Human Security, Karen O'Brien, University of Oslo
Following the introductions: Light refreshments.