The seminar is designed to be of interest to a broad audience: Students, government officials, researchers within science and social sciences, environmental organizations and others interested.
The seminar will be conducted in English.
Time & Venue: Thursday 16 March 13.00 - 16.00
Auditorium 1, Eilert Sundts hus A, University of Oslo, Molkte Moes vei 31, Blindern.
More information & registration (by 13 March): http://www.gechs.org/opening/.
Questions: Kirsten Ulsrud, email@example.com, tel. 22 85 84 81
Human Security Research in Norway:
Perspectives and Possibilities
Moderator: Desmond McNeill, SUM, University of Oslo
- Karen O'Brien, leader of GECHS, University of Oslo
- Asbjørn Rødseth, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Oslo
- Inger-Ann Ulstein, Research Council of Norway
- Norad (TBA)
Research perspectives on human security:
- Gender and Human Security, Gunhild Hoogensen, University of Tromsø
- Conflict over Resources, Nils Petter Gleditsch, PRIO
- Development and Human Security, Asuncion Lera St. Clair,
University of Bergen
- Ethical and Theological perspectives on Human Security, Sturla
Stålsett, University of Oslo and the Church City Mission
- Global environmental change and Human Security, Karen O'Brien,
University of Oslo
Following the introductions: Light refreshments.