Speakers and Program
08:20 Breakfast & coffee
08:30 Welcome & introductions
08:35 Presentation by panellists-
Chair: May-Len Skilbrei (IKRS, UiO)
- Marek Linha (Legal Adviser, the Norwegian Organisation for Asylum Seekers (NOAS)): Storskog: a brief overview of humanitarian and legal challenges
- Pål Nesse (Senior Advisor, the Norwegian Refugee Council): Norway, Refugees and Human Rights; Double standards abroad and at Home?
- Julie Wilhelmsen (Senior Researcher, NUPI): Security dynamics and the peril of humanitarian concerns
- Pavel Baev (Research Professor, PRIO): The Refugee Crisis: A Russian Perspective
- Katja Franko (Professor of Criminology, IKRS, UiO): Forgotten Schengen Frontiers and the Politics of Humanitarian Border Control
- Elisabeth Gade (Project Leader, Norwegian Red Cross): The Red Cross and Humanitarian Challenges at the Arctic Border
09:45 Q & A session
N.B. This breakfast seminar will be held in English and is organized by the Norwegian Centre for Humanitarian Studies (NCHS) and the Criminology of Humanitarianism Research Network (IKRS, UiO), in collaboration with the PRIO research groups on Humanitarianism and Law and Ethics.
A light breakfast will be served.
Eric Cezne- firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +47 478 20 359