After nearly five years since the establishment of the Swedish Women's Mediation Network (WMN), this brief reflects on the Folke Bernadotte Academy’s experiences as a coordinator; a brief written in cooperation with PRIO and the Department of Peace and Conflict Research at Uppsala University.
Aiming to contribute to an exchange on what it means to create and manage a WMN, the brief further draws on the collected experiences of coordinators in other networks from around the world. Working with an encompassing definition of women mediator networks, the brief thereby assembles accumulated insights from a broad range of actors, providing us with both the state and the civil society perspective.
A very warm thank you is expressed to the Coordinators of the WMN who took of their valuable time to talk to us, to Christiana Lang for her invaluable assistance with the interviews, and to the FBA and the Swedish Research Council project Disciplining Fighters (2015-03094), led by Dr. Angela Muvumba-Sellström, Uppsala University, for providing the funding.
Contributors to the report (listed in alphabetical order)
- Colombian Women Mediators Network
- Danish Women Mediators Network
- Finnish Women Mediators Network
- Global Network of Women Peacebuilders (GNWP)
- Icelandic Women Mediators Network
- Libyan Women's Platform for Peace
- Mano River Women's Peace Network (MARWOPNET)
- Mediterranean Women Mediators Network
- Nordic Women Mediators Network
- Norwegian Women Mediators Network
- Regional Faith Women Peace Mediators
- Swedish Women Mediators Network
- Women Alliance for Peace in Darfur (WAP-Darfur)
- Women in Peacebuilding Network (WIPNET)
- Women Peace Mediators Network (PeaceWomen Across the Globe)
- Women PeaceMakers Program
- Women Waging Peace Network
- Women’s Problems Research Union/Women’s Institute, WI – Baku