The seminar will be opened by Torunn L. Tryggestad, director of the PRIO Centre on Gender, Peace and Security. Leading international advocate, researcher, trainer and writer on the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) agenda, Sanam Anderlini, will present her perspective on women's leadership roles in post-conflict contexts. A documentary film made as part of the GENSOM project will be shown, and Research Professor Cindy Horst will present key findings and policy recommendations. Finally, there will be a panel debate on the role of Somali women in Somalia and the wider diaspora, followed by an informal reception.
The meeting will be held in the Nedjma room in Litteraturhuset.
- Sanam Anderlini, leading international advocate, researcher, trainer and writer
- Nadifa Mohamed, British-Somali award-winning novelist
- Adam Matan, British-Somali activist leading the Anti-Tribalism Movement
- Ali-Khadar Osman, former deputy chairman of Somaliland's National Electoral Commission
- Torunn L. Tryggestad, senior researcher and director PRIO Centre on Gender, Peace and Security
15:45 Doors open, coffe/tea and a snack will be served
- Welcome and introduction by Torunn L. Tryggestad
- Keynote by Sanam Anderlini
- Short film from GENSOM project
- Presentation of the GENSOM project by Research Director Cindy Horst
- Panel debate and questions from the audience
17:45 Informal reception, all welcome!