The PRIO GPS Centre contributes to a new course on Gender, Peace and Conflic at the Centre for Gender Research (STK) at the University of Oslo, taking place for the first time this autumn. Professor Inger Skjelsbæk (PRIO and UiO) is the course leader. This autumn Wenche Hauge, Senior Researcher at PRIO, has given the students a lecture on peacebuilding and Torunn L. Tryggestad, Director of the PRIO GPS Centre, has given a lecture on UN Security Council Resolution 1325.
The course activities included a visit by core people at the PRIO GPS Centre and PRIO to the university. During this visit, the students met people who work in different policy and practice capacities with gender, peace and conflict issues, including:
- Gunvor Knag Fylkesnes, Advocacy and Communications Director at Save the Children Norway.
- Gudrun Østby, Research Director and Research Professor at PRIO.
- Elisabeth Lothe, Senior Advisor in the Section for Peace and Reconciliation, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Indigo Trigg-Hauger, Communicator at PRIO.
- Torunn L. Tryggestad, Deputy Director at PRIO and Director of the PRIO GPS Centre.
- Johanne Rokke Elvebakken, Coordinator of the PRIO GPS Centre.