PRIO participated at this year's Arendalsuka with three events, and with our researchers on several debate panels.
We organized the following three events:
- Forces for Good and Bad: Emerging Technologies and the Future of Humankind, Monday 15 August, 19:00-20:00 at Auditoriet, Arendal bibliotek
- Putin og Xi: To alen av samme stykke?, Tuesday 16 August, 10:30-12:00 at Sal 3, Arendal Kino
- UN Security Council Post-Ukraine: What Role for Norway?, Thursday 18 Aug, 10:00-11:30 at Grand Hotel Arendal
In addition, three PRIO researchers participated in events organized by others.
Henrik Syse participated in the following four events:
- Rettstaten i gode og onde dager, Monday 15 August, 16:00-17:00 at Advokatfirma Hald & Co
- Topplederdebatten 2022 – Hvem sitter på toppen av næringslivets beslutningspyramider, og hvorfor?, Wednesday 17 August, 08:00-10:00 at Clarion Hotel Tyholmen
- Vil USA lede den frie verden i det 21. århundre?, Wednesday 17 August, 11:00-12:00 at Madam Reiersen
- "Må" vi være pasifister?, Wednesday 17 August, 12:15-13:00 at Fryden
Maria Gabrielsen Jumbert participated in the event Ingen er så trygg i fare? Om flyktninger og menneskehandel, Tuesday 16 August, 16:15-17:00 at Fryden.
Ida Rudolfsen participated in the event Korona, Klima og Ukraina-krigen: Tilbakeslag og uro i utviklingslandene?, Monday 15 August, 18:00-19:00 at Impact Hub Agder.
Arendalsuka is a yearly democratic, national arena where actors within politics, business and academia meet each other and the public for debate and policy shaping. Around 1,000 events and 200 stands fill the city of Arendal for five days in August of each year. This year's Arendalsuka was held from 15-19 August.