Maral Mirshahi left PRIO in 2015. The information on this page is kept for historical reasons.
Security, nuclear proliferation and non-proliferation, humanitarian technology, regional powers and hegemony, peacekeeping and peacebuilding in post-conflict societies.
Maral Mirshahi is a graduate of the International Relations Master’s program of the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) and the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI). She wrote her MA thesis at the Centre for Civil-Military Relations at the Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies (IFS), from which she received a full-year scholarship. Maral holds a Bachelor’s degree in International Studies and
Political Sciences from the University of Oslo.
In 2011-2012 Maral undertook
internships at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the
Norwegian Embassy in Nepal. She has worked on various projects under the Dimensions of Security Department at PRIO. Currently, Maral is Project Assistant to the Norwegian Centre for Humanitarian Studies, Administrative Coordinator to the Research School on Peace and Conflict, and part-time Research Assistant.
PRIO started tracking events online in 2007. This listing is not complete. Past events may be mentioned in our news archive.
Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:00-14:00
– The Greatest Threat to World Peace
Fri, 06 Mar 2015 09:00-10:30
– The Hidden Role of Nuclear Weapons in Today’s Security Environment
Tue, 03 Mar 2015 08:30-10:00
– After Ebola?
Thu, 11 Dec 2014 08:30-16:00
– Humanitarian Innovation
08 - 12 Dec 2014
– PhD Course on Methods in Critical Security Studies
Wed, 03 Dec 2014 09:00-17:00
– Reframing Urban Violence in Latin-America
28 - 30 Oct 2014
– PhD Course: Humanitarian Action and the Protection of Civilians
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:00-16:00
– The International Politics of Human Rights and the Responsibility to Protect
Thu, 09 Oct 2014 11:00-14:00
– Beyond the Humanitarian Crisis in Gaza: What now for Israel and Palestine?
Tue, 07 Oct 2014 08:30-10:00
– Ebola: A Humanitarian Crisis or a Crisis of Humanitarian Governance?
Wed, 24 Sep 2014 10:00-12:00
– Human Rights and Drones
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:15-13:45
– The Humanitarian Triad
Wed, 05 Mar 2014 08:30-10:00
– Key Pointers for Evidence-Based Humanitarian Action: Lessons from Syria, Chad and Uganda
Tue, 04 Mar 2014 08:30-10:00
– The Rise and Decline of a Global Security Actor: UNHCR, Refugee Protection and Security
Tue, 04 Feb 2014 12:00-16:00
– The Road Towards Colombian Peace: Field-Based Perspectives
Tue, 04 Feb 2014 08:30-10:00
– Colombia: Ending the War - Ending the War on Drugs?
Wed, 29 Jan 2014 08:30-10:00
– Killer Robots at the UN
Fri, 29 Nov 2013 09:00-12:00
– New Humanitarian Technology: Humanitarians and Cyberspace
Thu, 28 November 2013
– Critical Approaches to Humanitarian Technology: Accountability, Decision-Making and New Actors
Mon, 14 October 2013
– PhD Course: Research Methods in Critical Security Studies
Thu, 07 Mar 2013 10:00-16:00
– Drones for Search and Rescue Operations?
Sandvik, Kristin Bergtora; Marsh, Nicholas; & Mirshahi, Maral (2014) Killer robots: h vorfor ønsker man et forbud? NRK Ytring.
Sandvik, Kristin Bergtora; Marsh, Nicholas; & Mirshahi, Maral (2014) The Struggle to Ban Killer Robots. Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists.
Mirshahi, Maral & Cybulska, Agnieszka (2013) Killer Robots: The Future of War? Norwegian Centre for Humanitarian Studies. (Re-published in Action on Armed Violence)
Mirshahi, Maral (2012) "Ban nukes now!" - En ytring som ikke kan følges opp. In: Samfunnsviter'n 3:20.
Sandvik, Kristin Bergtora; Maral Mirshahi & Nicholas Marsh (2014) Killer robots – hvorfor ønsker man et forbud? [Killer Robots - The Quest for a Ban], NRK Ytring.
Sandvik, Kristin Bergtora; Nicholas Marsh & Maral Mirshahi (2014) The Struggle to Ban Killer Robots, Bullentin of Atomic Scientists.