The fourth High-Level Seminar on Gender and Inclusive Mediation Processes will take place in Oslo, Norway, on 18-20 November 2014. The seminar is organized by PRIO, the UN Department of Political Affairs (DPA), and the Crisis Management Initiative (CMI).
- The seminar is by invitation only.
- Seminar hashtag: #GenderInclusion
- Related blog post:Peace Processes Need Women!
The overall objective of the High-level Seminar on Gender and Inclusive Mediation Processes for envoys, mediators and senior mediation experts, is to generate more consultative processes by promoting women’s effective participation and building inclusive, gender-sensitive mediation capacity at international, regional and national levels. The High-Level Seminar on Gender and Inclusive Mediation Processes is designed to:
- Increase participants’ awareness of the roles women may play in resolving and sustaining conflict;
- Deal with dilemmas of inclusivity and efficiency in mediation; e.g. how opportunities for women’s participation in mediated processes are affected by culture and local traditions;
- Apply the UN’s normative women, peace and security frameworks as leverage for mediators; High-Level Seminar on Gender and Inclusive Mediation Processes
- Offer practical strategies and tools for conflict assessment and process design to expand participation and opportunities for women and civil society; and for including women more systematically in implementation bodies; and
- Provide specific information, advice, and language on gender-relevant components of substantive issues, including on conflict-related sexual violence, in ceasefire- and peace agreements.
For questions, please contact Jenny K. Lorentzen:
Tel: +47 22 54 77 04