The Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO) and the Centre for Global Health at the University of Oslo proudly co-host this Oslo Peace Days seminar in honour of the Nobel Peace Prize 2018. Distinguished guest Dr. Christine Amisi will speak about her experience as a medical doctor at Panzi Hospital, where she works with Nobel Laureate Dr. Denis Mukwege.
Dr. Amisi is also a principle researcher at the International Centre for Advanced Research and Training. She has collaborated with PRIO researchers aiming to analyze the socioeconomic effects of support programs for survivors of sexual violence in the Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
After Dr. Amisi presents, a panel of experts will discuss and share their views and knowledge on this research topic.
This event is a part of Oslo Peace Days. More information can be found by clicking here.
ProgrammeWelcome and introduction
Presentations and panel debate
- Christine Amisi, Doctor and researcher, ICART/Panzi Hospital
- Ragnhild Nordås, Senior Researcher, Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO)
- Cynthia Wangamnati, PhD student, Centre for Global Health, University of Oslo
- Johanne Sundby, Professor, Centre for Global Health, University of Oslo
- Kim Thuy Seelinger, Leader of the Sexual Violence Program at the Human Rights Center at Berkeley School of Law
- Inger Skjelsbæk, Associate Professor - Department of Psychology, University of Oslo and Research Professor at PRIO
Refreshments will be served from 16.45 to 17.00, and there will be mingling after the seminar.