Deadline: 5 January 2016
The Research School on Peace and Conflict is a collaboration between The University of Oslo (UiO), the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) and Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO). The school offers advanced research training for the next generation of peace and conflict scholars by building on, and expanding, networks and expertise at UiO, NTNU, PRIO and beyond. The collaboration is characterized by multidisciplinary approaches to peace and conflict issues, international profile and outlook, and research excellence. For further information about the school, please visit: www.PeaceConflictResearch.org
Who can apply?
It is a prerequisite for applicants that they:
- have been accepted in a PhD program at an institution which awards academic degrees
- have funding for their PhD (the research school does not provide funding)
- are in the beginning of their PhD period (generally in the first year)
Applications must include:
- a short version of your project description (max 5 pages plus references)
- a half page letter of motivation, including a confirmation of acceptance of the research school rules of participation
- a CV
- a certificate of acceptance at a PhD program and funding confirmation
Decisions on membership will be announced by 1 February 2016. About 10 new members will be admitted. If you have any queries, or would like to submit your application, please contact: Covadonga Morales Bertrand (firstname.lastname@example.org), and mark your e-mail with subject line [Call for members: query] or [Call for members: application]).
The Research School is generously supported by the Norwegian Research Council. The level of activities from 2017 onwards depends on continuous funding.