Anna Marie is interested in feminist security studies, the micro-dynamics of war, conceptions of security, and gender.
Anna Marie works on several projects, including:
* Women Ambassadors in the UN Security Council: A Decade in Review
* Conflict Cartographer: Conflict expert prediction in Africa
* Reducing Barriers for Women in the Norwegian Armed Forces' Peacekeeping Contributions
* Mobilizing for and against Democracy
* Securing the Victory
* Conflict Trends Reporting
* Tracking and analyzing WPS in the Security Council in real time
* TRUST: Attitudinal Impacts of Refugees on Host Communities in the Global South
Prior to joining PRIO, Anna Marie worked with International IDEA, the Institute for Integrated Transitions, the Department of Peace and Conflict Research at Uppsala University, and served as a short-term election observer. Her masters research, through a large-N quantitative study, focused on the influence of private military and security companies on men and women's security.
2017-2019: Master of Social Science, Peace and Conflict Studies, Uppsala University
2012-2016: Bachelor of Arts and Sciences, Political Science and Rhetoric, Quest University Canada