Follow me on Twitter: @oysteinhr
- Organised violence, African rebels and government counter-insurgency strategies
- African militaries and security force assistance (SFA)
- Humanitarian policy and practices
- History and current affairs of the two Sudans
- Critical approaches to peace negotiations and post-war interventions
A historian and area specialist with experience from research, strategy development, information analysis, planning and administration of projects. Substantial professional experience from the non-government sector within the fields of policy advice, humanitarian aid and long-term development co-operation.
Editorial Board member of the Centre for Peace and Development (CPDS) Journal, University of Juba, South Sudan.
Editor in chief for the blog Monitoring South Sudan @PRIOSouthSudan.